Climate, Consumers, & Commerce:
Profiting with Business Weatherization Strategies
LOCATION: Radisson Blu Minneapolis (35 South Seventh Street, Minneapolis, MN)
*There is no cost to attend, but registration is required (form below)
The weather can be huge “blind spot” for many businesses and not only in regards to the future forecasts. Last year’s weather is part of last year’s performance and failing to recognize and effectively remove weather variability from historical sales leads to misaligned resources, lost sales, and reduced profitability. Companies don’t realize it, but by ignoring weather’s influence they are assuming conditions will be the same from one year to the next. This rarely happens. In fact, the weather and its impact on consumer buying behavior and your business only repeats itself year-to-year about 15% of the time.
Understanding and managing weather’s influence across the business remains a huge, untapped opportunity of profit enhancement. Join Planalytics on August 11th to learn how companies use weather analytics to significantly improve the accuracy of plans and demand forecasts, reduce inventory costs, improve service levels, increase margins, optimize marketing, and more.
Seminar Topics Include:
- Measuring & Managing Weather-Driven Demand: Quantifying weather’s impact by category, by market and by time period and applying it in demand forecasting, allocation/replenishment, operations, pricing, sales analysis, etc.
- Weather Volatility & Planning: Avoid chasing last year’s conditions and plan from a more reliable, weather-nuetral sales baseline.
- WeatherSmart Marketing & Advertising: Optimize customer engagement strategies and improve response rates by identifying favorable periods for email campaigns, digital advertising and other marketing activities.
- Client Case Study Examples: Hear how companies have benefited by “weatherizing” their business and using weather-driven demand insights for planning and in-season decisions.
- Weather Impact Outlook: A look at weather-driven opportunities and risks including the upcoming FALL SEASON.
Please complete the form below to request your seat.