As an Operational Meteorologist at Planalytics, you will be responsible for communicating synoptic scale, two-week forecasts for internal teams and external clients that emphasize the impact of weather on business, as well as create regional forecasts for extreme weather events. Additionally, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining meteorological tools and applications using Python. This role provides the opportunity to work directly with internal teams across all areas of the business including client support and success, technology, management, and operations. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of synoptic meteorology as well as proven experience in Python programming.
- Weather Forecasting and Analysis:
- Analyze, and interpret meteorological data from various sources, including satellite, radar, and weather models.
- Prepare and issue written and verbal weather reports, including short-term and long-range predictions as well as historical analyses.
- Client Communication:
- Collaborate with internal client services teams to understand their client-specific weather-related needs and concerns.
- Offer expert guidance and support in making weather-related decisions for their operations.
- Meteorological Tools and Applications:
- Implement data processing and analysis algorithms to extract meaningful insights from meteorological datasets.
- Use Python to develop weather focused tools, applications, and reports to convey information effectively to clients and stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning:
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in meteorology, weather forecasting techniques, and relevant technology.
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of weather models, data sources, and forecasting techniques
- Strong proficiency in Python programming, experience working with weather data formats and machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products and the aptitude to learn new programs
Please submit all resumes to email@example.com.