Senior Data Engineer
As Senior Data Engineer you will design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable, cloud-based data management systems that integrate with existing processes, systems and data structures. You will develop data pipelines to support analytical functions and expose analytical results through a range of deliverable products.
The candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a small, focused, product-driven company and support a range of data-driven applications and technologies.
- Guide selection, design and implementation of pipelines, data stores and big data tools that are able to integrate data from disparate, new and existing sources.
- Be responsible for the proper function of new data processes and their quality assurance.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure integrity and proper integration for all sources of data.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of big data systems development including data ingestion, storage, processing, user access and security.
- Stay current on big data trends and research new technologies.
- Design and implement dashboard- and report-based deliverables.
- Expand accessibility of data to stakeholders.
- Become part of a seasoned DevOps-driven Product Development team operating in a AWS-based production environment.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Experience with Hadoop and Spark.
- At least five years experience in a data warehouse, analytics or data engineering role that leveraged big data tools.
- Experience with data visualization platforms.
- At least three years experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience integrating new data processes with existing processes and data structures.
- Proficiency with SQL, dimensional data modeling and OLAP principles.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Proficiency with Java.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.