Junior Operational Meteorologist
Planalytics has a rich history of understanding and quantifying demand for products and services based on weather. The ability to forecast weather in a timely, accurate manner is crucial to our continued success in the field. This role provides the opportunity to work directly with internal teams across all areas of the business including client support and success, technology, management, and operations. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of synoptic meteorology and the ability to communicate their forecasts to both a non-technical and technical audience.
You will communicate synoptic scale, two-week forecasts for internal and external clients that emphasize the impact of weather on business, as well as create regional forecasts for extreme weather events. These responsibilities include:
- Communicate vendor temperature and precipitation anomaly forecasts for North America and Europe up to fourteen days.
- Create worldwide tropical cyclone forecasts up to seven days.
- Create North America snowfall forecasts up to seven days.
- Create North America severe weather forecasts up to seven days.
- Create European wind storm forecasts up to seven days.
You will have a key role within Planalytics and be looked upon to provide insight and guidance to all levels of the organization. The qualified candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in meteorology or atmospheric sciences.
- Proficiency in presenting weather information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.