Wednesday, October 15th, 2014
Time: 08:30 AM - 10:30 AM
LOCATION: Hyatt Regency O’Hare (9300 Bryn Mawr Ave, Rosemont)
*There is no cost to attend but registration is required (form below)
Planalytics invites you to join us for a breakfast seminar on Wednesday, October 15th in Chicago here we will highlight how companies effectively manage weather-related opportunities and risks with Planalytics Business Weather Intelligence tools and services. Learn how companies assess weather’s influence on performance and how they position the business to capitalize on opportunities and successfully address the financial impact of never-ending volatility.
Measure & Analyze
- Understand specifically when, where and how much weather affects your business.
- Use Weather-Driven Demand (WDD) to isolate and quantify weather’s influence on overall traffic/transactions or specific categories.
- Track and project weather’s impact on sales across time periods (weekly, monthly, etc.), geographies (countries, markets, etc.) and products/services/channels.
- Evaluate performance from a business perspective – rather than trying to make sense of meteorological statistics – by using WDDs to identify and compare weather’s impact (e.g. advertising effectiveness across regions, weekly sales across channels, etc.)
Plan & Optimize
- Improve forecast accuracy by removing weather volatility from historical sales (Deweatherization) and then build plans from a smarter, WDD-adjusted baseline.
- Identify when and where demand will be higher or lower to better align inventories with opportunities, increase sales and reduce costs.
- Use WeatherSmart Marketing – a daily outlook of demand favorability for a product/service by market – to continuously customize and optimize marketing, advertising, eCommerce and social media activities.
- Capitalize on in-season weather insights and WDDs to adjust pricing and promotions, inventory and replenishment, staffing and other operational decisions.
Business Weather Intelligence Examples
- Review case study examples from Planalytics clients.
There is no cost to attend but space is limited and registration is required. Please complete the form below to request your seat.